North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 88815-en_US / 88815
Software Developer (Front End/UI) – 88815
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
Nielsen is seeking a Front End / UI Developer to join our Total Audience Measurement (TAM) Tech Team. This position is responsible for designing and building scalable and efficient front end applications, as well as contributing to testing, and supporting application software.
- Participate as a lead on projects, which includes training, coaching, and sharing technical knowledge with less experienced staff and contractors
- Practicing Agile Software Development methodology using the Scrum framework:
- Work with Scrum Master / Project Manager to ensure deliveries of sprints are on schedule
- Maintain and enforce common conventions, standards, and technologies
- Translate business user stories into appropriate strategies and technical requirement, providing documents where needed
- Translate technical requirements into coded solutions on time and on budget
- Participate in code reviews and work as a team lead to deliver sprints to production
- Create and review junits and automated testing scenarios to ensure continuous integration testing for complete test coverage
- Researches, assesses and facilitates the adoption of new technologies
- Performs configuration management and CI/CD tasks
- Ensures application software components are archived in common repositories according to IT standards with appropriate documentation that reflects the progression from development to implementation.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong Experience with ReactJS and popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Experience with designing web pages and exposure to different libraries
- Working Experience with nodejs, npm.
- Knowledge of REST web services, JSON
- Experience with version control, GitLab preferred.
- Knowledge of any cloud platform, AWS preferred
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Bachelor of science degree in computer science or similar
- 2+ years of software development/engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience in React and other JS frameworks and related front end frameworks
- 2+ years of experience in automating unit testing and system/integration testing
- Knowledge of software design and testing principles
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodology
- Knowledge of multiple software development languages and proficiency in all related languages
- Knowledge of relevant operating systems and communication interfaces
- Knowledge of database management systems
- Experience working with onshore and offshore vendor partners
- Experience automating
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: , , ,