Greater China / China / / Shanghai
Technology & Engineering
#: 89921-en_US / 89921
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love.Sound like your kind of thing? Join us!
We are presently looking for a Software Engineer to work in our Shanghai China office.
- To deliver the highest quality Music and Automotive products in the Market! Gracenote’s Music and Automotive Teams are involved in a wide variety of projects and technologies, from media recognition and recommendation systems, to data processing and modeling, to machine listening, to client/server architecture, and the list goes on!
- In your role on the team you will become an expert in Gracenote’s technologies, platforms, and products.
- You will work on optimizing existing products for the Chinese market, work closely with customers and you will work on new projects from conception to completion by researching and prototyping solutions, solving problems, developing tools, and writing parts or all of production system components.
- As one of the Nielsen verticals, you will also have opportunities to participate in the measurement method for consumer’s behavior by integrating Gracenote technology.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Working as a software developer is preferred.
- Must have great communication skills and thrive on collaborative, team oriented problem solving.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and maintaining complete software projects.
- A passion for writing clean, well-tested software.
- Knowledgeable in multiple programming languages and ability to pick up more, as needed. Proficiency in C, Python. Experience in C++, Go, Java preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data analysis and presentation tools, e.g. Elastic / Kibana a plus.
- AWS infrastructure familiarity preferred
- UNIX / Linux / Mac command line proficiency preferred.
- Big data skills preferred, e.g. Hive
- Kafka and stream processing experience are a plus.
- Able to travel within China to Customer sites.
- Interested in working on an ever-changing list of music related projects for several markets including innovative market defining products for the automotive industry.
- Enthusiastic about music, music data, and solving problems in this space!
- English proficiency is preferred.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, provides music, video, and sports content along with technologies to the world’s hottest entertainment products and brands. Gracenote is the global standard for music and video recognition which is supported by the largest source of entertainment data. Gracenote features descriptions of more than 200 million tracks, TV listings for 85+ countries and statistics from 4,500 sport leagues and competitions.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!