India / India / / Mumbai
#: 86313-en_US / 86313
Software Specialist (Java + AWS) – 86313
Gracenote – India Mumbai, Maharashtra
ABOUT THIS JOB
Provide expertise on multiple phases of a project lifecycle from concept development to solutions design, implementation, optimization and support.
- Design and develop high performing, scalable and reliable solutions across Gracenote’s data value chain.
- Collaborate with Product, Design and other internal / external stakeholders to understand solution requirements, complexities and implementation strategies.
- Understand technology and architecture trends, how they impact future solutions and provide tactical directions.
- Follow Agile & Scrum development methodologies to adopt and comply with best practices in software development and delivery.
- Review and learn complex system requirements.
- Develop software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and development.
- Offer quality software for release to production by writing and implementing test scripts.
- Apply analytical and problem solving skills to verify product through testing.
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns, distributed systems, OOAD and functional programming constructs.
- In-depth expertise on Core Java, Java EE and Spring framework
- Broad understanding of SOA, Restful, Event Driven and Micro-services architectures.
- Experience in working on AWS services like EC2, ASG, EKS, RDS, S3, ALB, EMR to name a few & adoption of cloud native technology components.
- Expertise in working with any RDBMS platform like MS SQL / MySQL / PostgreSQL
- Expertise with NoSQL data stores viz. Redis / Cassandra / DynamoDB / any similar platform
GOOD TO HAVE:
- Experience in working with search platforms like Solr / ElasticSearch
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and DevOps practices for build and deployment automation.
- Familiarity with containers and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes.
- BE / BTech / MCA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 5+ years of technical experience in multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Certification on any of the public cloud platforms or related products is desirable.
- Exceptional articulation skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced and open-to-experiment environment.
- Strong problem solving and logical abilities and a penchant for thinking out of the box.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Working together across functions, our Software Developers research and discover new opportunities, and shape products to fulfill them.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action.
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, provides music, video, and sports content along with technologies to the world's hottest entertainment products and brands. Gracenote is the global standard for music and video recognition which is supported by the largest source of entertainment data. Gracenote features descriptions of more than 200 million tracks, TV listings for 85+ countries and statistics from 4,500 sport leagues and competitions.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Mumbai,Maharashtra