North America / Canada / ON / Markham
#: 81841-en_US / 81841
Sr. Analyst – 81841
Analytics – Canada Markham, Ontario
ABOUT THIS JOB
As part of Nielsen’s Marketing Effectiveness practice, you will work with advertisers to help assess how well their marketing activities are working to drive sales and how they should most effectively use their budget in the future. You’ll use advanced statistical models and the most robust data available to tease out the impact of marketing activities and simulate the impact of future budget changes, to help advertisers decide how much to spend on marketing, and in what ways, to maximize the impact of their spend.
- Establish enduring client relationships with senior decision-makers at clients by demonstrating on-going value by driving client outcomes
- Ensure pro-active insights and action-oriented solutions are delivered to the team by being an expert with an ability to explain the methodology behind key analytics to clients
- Partner with clients to provide the best marketing plan based on the results of analysis and optimizations
- Develop decks to report results & provide advice, and present to the client
- Provide subject matter expertise to both the client and the internal team
- Design analytic studies that meet advertisers’ research objectives
- Develop recommendations based on the insights derived from the analysis
- Present findings and recommendations to senior leaders
- Collaborate with other Nielsen teams to provide holistic support to clients
- Deliver insights and recommendations on industry-leading, Marketing Mix, Multi-Touch Attribution and Lift analytics
- Work with a team responsible for delivering against client commitments
- Bachelor degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 3-5 years of marketing research, analytics, or data science experience
- Enjoy being hands-on with data and analysis
- Enthusiasm for applying statistical analysis to address business issues
- Comfortable working with large data sets
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, capable of handling several projects at a time while meeting deadlines
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management, risk management skills
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Markham,Ontario
Secondary Locations: ON – Toronto, , ,