North America / United States / IL / Chicago
#: 90187-en_US / 90187
Sr Data Scientist – 90187
Data Science – USA Chicago, Illinois
Streaming is exploding right now! As a Senior Data Scientist on the Connected TV Measurement team, you’ll have a front row seat for all of the action.
What will I do?
In this role, you’ll be working to expand and enhance Nielsen’s Connected TV measurement coverage.
- Conduct detailed data analysis for new CTV data partners, identifying and addressing any customizations required
- Provide data-driven recommendations for promoting enhancements to production, including assisting with client-focused impact analysis
- Translating new methodologies into functional modules, including unit tests and quality control checks
- Identify root causes and solve any bugs or quality escapes
- Ensure detailed documentation of new methodologies, research findings, and best practices
- Work with cross-functional internal stakeholders to push methodology updates into product roadmap
- Create and manage projects from beginning to end including analysis design, execution and summarization of results
- Mentor and provide oversight to junior associates while serving as an example by sharing relevant best practices
- Explain complex model-related concepts in simple terms to non-technical audiences
Is this for me?
This role requires:
- 2-3+ years of professional work experience in Statistics, Data Science, and/or related disciplines
- Mastery of Python
- Experience with sophisticated data mining & modeling solutions and the tools that support them such as Scikit-learn, PyTorch, and PyMC3
- Experience with relational and distributed database systems with expertise in tools such as Spark, Presto, and other SQL-based querying engines
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science or other related field
- Well organized, self-motivated and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have:
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science or other related field
- Experience with implementing and managing software in cloud-based environments such as Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and CI/CD workflows including Git
- Experience with ETL frameworks like Airflow
- Domain expertise in Digital or Television measurement
About the team
The Connected TV Measurement team within the Data Science organization focuses on expanding and enhancing Nielsen’s Connected TV ad measurement product. Our team develops new methodologies to measure audiences across all types of connected devices and integrates new data assets into Nielsen’s existing methodologies to expand the data delivered to clients.
Despite being spread across multiple Nielsen offices, our team values collaboration, teamwork, and having fun at work! We hold each other accountable for creating stable, scalable, and well-documented solutions.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: MD – Columbia, NY – New York City, ,