North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 84482-en_US / 84482
Sr. Full Stack Engineer (Java/React/JS) – 84482
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
- Translate technical requirements into coded solutions on time and on budget
- Translate business user stories into appropriate strategies and technical requirement, providing documents where needed
- Practicing Agile Software Development methodology using the Scrum framework.
- Work with Scrum Master / Project Manager to ensure deliveries of sprints are on schedule
- Maintain and enforce common conventions, standards, and technologies
- Participate in code reviews and work as a team lead to deliver sprints to production
- Create and review junits and automated testing scenarios to ensure continuous integration testing for complete test coverage
- Investigates application incidents for missing or incorrect functionality.
- Assesses incident resolution and estimates application changes.
- Applies resolutions, leading to timely, error-free revisions in applications.
- Researches, assesses and facilitates the adoption of new technologies
- Performs configuration management and CI/CD tasks:Ensures application software components are archived in common repositories according to IT standards with appropriate documentation that reflects the progression from development to implementation.
Tools Used: Java, Spring, React and other JS frameworks, SQL (such as Postgres and/or Oracle), Cloud (preferably AWS), Docker, Linux, Shell scripting, GitLab, Jenkins.
- 2+ years of experience in Java, Spring, React and other JS frameworks, SQL (such as Postgres and/or Oracle).
- 2+ years of experience in automating unit testing and system/integration testing
- 2+ years of software development/engineering experience
- Knowledge of software design and testing principles
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodology
- Knowledge of multiple software development languages and proficiency in all related languages
- Knowledge of relevant operating systems and communication interfaces
- Knowledge of database management systems
- Bachelor of science degree in computer science or similar
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, , ,