North America / United States / NY / New York City
Marketing & Communications
#: 91441-en_US / 91441
Sr. Manager, Social Media Content – 91441
Marketing and Communications – USA New York, New York
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS – NIELSEN MEDIA
We aspire to be one diverse, empowered, expert, motivated, passionate and accountable team driving
winning outcomes through marketing and communication strategies, programs and initiatives. We are
relentlessly focused on our audiences. This enables us to create compelling brand perception and
favorability. We propel product and solution growth and support outsized client, consumer, shareholder
and community respect and engagement. We are insights and opportunity driven. We proactively fuel
growth through well-honed strategies, creative and thoughtful programs and exceptional execution.
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Global Digital and Growth Marketing team leads the digital marketing and advertising strategy, activation and optimization for the enterprise, managing all marketing levers to drive specific outcomes for stakeholders including lead and revenue generation. This cross-channel team develops and manages stakeholder strategies and execution on digital properties (including Nielsen.com), email, mobile and social properties – proprietary and paid.
The Sr. Manager, Social Media Content is the primary driver of social media campaigns, content, and audience development in support of Nielsen’s Marketing organization, helping achieve the company’s ambitious growth agenda.
SCOPE OF THIS ROLE
Under the guidance of the VP, Social Media, and in collaboration with Growth Marketing and Product Marketing stakeholders, the Sr. Manager will create comprehensive social media plans to support B2B campaigns, report launches, events, and activations. The Sr. Manager will manage the company’s day-to-day social content calendar, developing a high volume of strategically-aligned, top-notch social content to fuel a robust organic and paid social media engine. In addition, the Sr. Manager will develop resources and training to scale social media marketing expertise to international marketing teams, working hands-on with colleagues around the world to execute localized campaigns.
- In partnership with the VP, Social Media, create a refreshed Nielsen Social Media Voice & Style Guide, Organic Channel-by-Channel Best Practices, Organic Channel Content Calendar, and a variety of resources to supercharge a fast-growing and maturing Social Media team
- Work closely with the VP, Social Media, as well as Marketing colleagues, to understand the company’s strategic marketing goals and infuse this understanding into all of Nielsen’s social media content
- Build and fuel a high-quality social media content engine that drives engagement and generates desired marketing outcomes (click-throughs, downloads, sign-ups, business leads, etc.) while growing strategic audience segments
- Write, design, and package a high volume of social media posts, proactively using performance metrics to make granular adjustments to language, tone, format, and timing
- Extend the reach of Nielsen.com content by promoting each story from multiple angles, with an eye toward providing useful insights to our social audiences on each channel
- Collaborate extensively with teams across Marketing to develop social media plans for individual campaigns, activations, and announcements; bring in other Social team members to ensure a 360-degree approach (social listening, advocacy, etc.)
- Contribute to and execute upon our organic audience growth strategy
- Take a proactive approach to social engagement; authentically insert Nielsen insights into social conversations relevant to our solutions (e.g. streaming, podcasts, sports marketing, on-screen representation)
- Support International Marketing teams with training, resources, and hands-on tactical support to execute local marketing campaigns and ultimately foster an internal network of social media marketing experts around the world
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You are an exceptional social media content creator with a passion for using social channels to achieve real business objectives. A strong writer with an eye for graphic design, you love finding new ways to smartly package content, always prioritizing the user experience and delivering value to the social communities you serve. Your social media know-how, adventurous spirit, and professional gravitas inspire confidence in those around you—everyone wants to follow your lead!
- 8+ years of experience in marketing with a focus on social media strategy, content creation, and audience development, and/or similar experience, 2 years of supervisory experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or related industry experience
- Excellent social copywriting and visual content creation skills, as well as attention to detail
- Expertise with social media user experience best practices across platforms
- Demonstrated experience staying ahead of the curve of social media innovation, smartly experimenting with new techniques to reach objectives
- Strong interpersonal communication, diplomacy, listening, and influencing skills
- Must be able to creatively execute within the bounds of a defined strategic plan
- Must be able to synthesize input from multiple stakeholders to determine an action plan, balancing the need for speed with thoughtfulness and inclusion
- Self-motivated, tenacious, and comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience with B2B social marketing desired
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,