India / India / MH / Pune /
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 743999735436702 / 50244146
ABOUT THIS JOB
At NielsenIQ, a Shared Service Center (SSC) Accountant is responsible for performing record-to- report accounting, month end closing and related reconciliations for their respective markets, under the umbrella of the Operational Controller.
● Perform all aspects of record-to-report and shared services accounting processes in the market with efficiency and accuracy.
● Perform all accounting related bookings & accruals including prepaids and reclasses and allocations
● Run all periodic processes related to R2R and general financial accounting, including month-end activities, account reconciliations, periodic reporting, metrics, governance and internal control.
● Work with Business Finance and Revenue Controlling colleagues to maintain best-in- class processes and application of policies.
● Maintain internal process documentation to reflect the most up-to-date ways of work using the most recent Nielsen toolset (Google, etc). Ensure standard operating procedures are operationalized and consistent in both content and format with expectations laid out by Global Financial Controlling.
● Maintain R2R and general financial accounting related internal controls within the market; ensure robust account reconciliations and SOX compliance.
● Maintain thorough and current understanding of US GAAP. Keep abreast of emerging accounting and reporting standards. Support the implementation of new accounting pronouncements as required.
● Maintain an appropriate system configuration and IT environment to ensure effective and efficient execution of R2R and general financial accounting continuous finance processes
● Work on monthly system uploads (EPM) and reconciliations at the consolidation level. Perform majority of the processes from SAP (or local ERP) to EPM.
● Support external and internal audits with supporting documentation, archive retrieval, journal walk throughs, and other audit requirements under the supervision of the Operational Controller.
● Support preparation of statutory accounts to the extent practical and required.
● Assist the Operational Controller and/or broader Finance & Accounting Services team for the region on any initiatives, projects or systems implementations.
● Work with Associate Operational Controller, Operational Controller and their teams on compliance and governance.
● Work with Business Finance (FP&A) and Revenue Controlling as well as internally with other Finance & Accounting colleagues on processes and systems.
● Link up with internal audit for internal control or audit purposes.
● Other transverse functions (facilities, Sourcing, HR, legal, etc.)
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
A successful SSC Accountant will achieve a balanced coordination and seamless execution of all R2R and general financial accounting related activities for his/her markets. S/he will have delivered on all process governance and controllership metrics. S/he will have met or exceeded expectations on all R2R metrics and ensured solid controls are in place and functioning.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
● 2-5 years of experience in accounting of a multinational company.
● Experience with ERP systems (SAP module is a plus)
● Working knowledge of accounting concepts under U.S. GAAP and preferably with IFRS/Local GAAP and SOX compliance
● Strong knowledge of personal computers and applications (including Google)
● Excellent analytical skills
● Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy while meeting strict deadline
● Effectively manage time and priorities and work efficiently
● Self-motivated and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
● Proven interpersonal and communication skills
● Proven problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to take action in solving issues
● Strong customer service orientation: need good listening and communication skills
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary Nielsen data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.