Asia Pacific / Korea / / Seoul
#: 88655-en_US / 88655
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Sports Live Data Production Operator, you are required to capture and register data during live matches of team sports (baseball, football, basketball, golf) following well-defined standards and procedures. All game events will be entered during a match while you watch live TV and use Gracenote’s Sports-based tooling. You will work as quickly as possible watching, interpreting and entering data to deliver the required deep sports data to our (media) customers within seconds.
ROLE DETAILS :
● You are an avid follower of baseball and you have in-depth knowledge of this sport and its rules.
● Having in-depth knowledge of football (soccer) is a plus.
● You are prepared to learn more about other sports (basketball & golf).
● You are happy to work when there are games on, mostly during weekday evenings and weekends. The number of hours you work will vary, depending on the number of games broadcast in a week (work shifts will vary between 3 to 6 hours in length).
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
● You have a passion for sports and are willing to work during unusual business hours.
● You have an eye for detail and able to quickly detect what’s happening on the pitch without a commentator narrating the plays.
● You are able to commit to a minimum of 2 days per week to work during live sports events, which happen during evening and weekend hours.
● You are able to work quickly with computers, be focused and keep a cool head when tempers flare on the pitch.
● You possess excellent communication skills – collecting sports information is teamwork. You need to be able to communicate clearly, accurately and promptly with your supervisors and colleagues, even during the most hectic situation of a match.
● You need to be able to travel to the Gracenote Seoul office during the evenings and weekends.
● You are 20 years or older.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
● An opportunity to play an important role in a global operation that delivers live sport data all around the world.
● A challenging, dynamic and international work environment.
● An atmosphere of openness, mutual respect and teamwork.
● An opportunity to be around others who share the same interest and passion for Sports.
● A competitive hourly rate of 11,000KRW per hour
WHEN YOU APPLY:
● Clearly, state the sports you follow regularly and you think you have above-average knowledge of.
● Let us know what days of the week and weekends you can commit to work and cover live sports events.
● Mention your current work/school situation.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Gracenote, a Nielsen Media company, provides entertainment metadata and technology that powers the world’s top cable and satellite providers, consumer electronics, automakers and music services. Metadata drives all product lines — all are based on data connectivity! We provide clients with a comprehensive global database of compositions, writers and publishers – linking compositions to recordings at scale using machine learning. Providing publishers, societies and entertainment services with essential reference data for rights management.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!