North America / United States / NY / New York City
Marketing & Communications
#: 84881-en_US / 84881
Vice President, Corporate Communications – 84881
Marketing and Communications – USA New York, New York
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS – NIELSEN MEDIA
We aspire to be one diverse, empowered, expert, motivated, passionate and accountable team driving winning outcomes through marketing and communication strategies, programs and initiatives. We are relentlessly focused on our audiences. This enables us to create compelling brand perception and favorability. We propel product and solution growth and support outsized client, consumer, shareholder and community respect and engagement. We are insights and opportunity driven.
We proactively fuel growth through well-honed strategies, creative and thoughtful programs and exceptional execution.
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Corporate Communications team works with senior leaders, Investor Relations and the broader communications team to develop external and accompanying internal communication strategies and execute plans that contribute to and advance Nielsen’s reputation and image.
- Develop, direct and execute strategies and plans to expand and enhance the company’s communications with external stakeholders, including media, online influencers, and industry and advocacy organizations that are aligned with and effectively convey our new strategic direction, purpose and values.
- Develop key messaging framework and ensure consistent use across all platforms.
- Develop and drive a strategic, proactive global corporate communications program that enhances corporate visibility, community awareness, media/social media relations and coverage of the company, its products and progress.
- Maintain relationships with key media outlets and press.
- Lead efforts to prepare for and manage the company through reputation communications issues; provide strategic counsel to CEO, CFO and other senior executives on such matters.
- Prepare management for presentations and 1×1 discussions with media and other key constituent interactions
- Oversee consistent and competitive placement for Nielsen in national media and trade publications and appropriate business publications.
- Raise the profile of the Company and its executives by identifying and securing stories in key publications and on industry conferences and panels.
- Work closely with Investor Relations and develop a press strategy that aligns with IR activities and messages.
- Work closely with other communication leaders, including Internal, Corporate Social Responsibility, Product and Thought Leadership to ensure that the Communications team is functioning as one cohesive team.
- Work closely with senior management to draft speeches and bullet points as needed for presentations, interviews and speaking engagements.
- Provide real-time support and judgment on enterprise-level events, including business transactions, material announcements, and crisis situations.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
- Minimum 10-12 years of relevant professional experience in Corporate Communications.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Media relations experience; deep relationships with corporate and trade press in the media industry is a must.
- Able to multitask and remain level headed in a fast paced environment. Act quickly.
- Advanced writing and communications skills; experience writing speeches or having published writing a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively across global teams; comfortable interacting with senior leaders and executives.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in leading a communications team and function that has achieved measurable results.
- Proven track record of success with communicating and managing crisis and reputational risk.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the development of strategic communication strategies and evaluation techniques.
- Outstanding storytelling skills.
- Strong soft skills and analytical abilities to understand what’s needed to accomplish desired goals.
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Writing samples will be required.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: CA – Emeryville, , ,