At the end of Q3 2008, Nielsen estimates that there are 3.6M mobile subscribers Apple’s iPhone (U.S.-based over 13), giving the device a 3% market share in the mobile business. Growth seems evident as one in five subscribers (21%) who intend to upgrade their mobile device in the next 12 months say they’ll consider purchasing an iPhone next – up from just 15% last year. In addition to Apple and AT&T’s combined 36M advertising campaign, what may be driving this growth is unmatched customer satisfaction. In Q3 2008, 89% of recent iPhone acquirers (past 6 months) were highly satisfied with their device – compared to an industry average of 71%.
A Snapshot Of The iPhone User
- Adults 35-54 make up the largest portion of iPhone users (34%)
- Hispanic subscribers make up a larger portion of the iPhone audience (21%) than of the total U.S. subscriber audience (13%)
- iPhone subscribers are twice as likely as total subs to have a household income of $100K+ (44% vs. 22%)
- 98% of iPhone subscribers use at least one data service (yet it’s still notable that 2% of iPhone subscribers only making phone calls with their device)
- 13% of iPhone users have their employer footing the bill (compared to 7% of all subscribers)
- 43% of iPhone users have a monthly bill of more than $100 (compared to 20% of all subscribers).
iPhone Data Usage
- 70% of iPhone users listen to audio tracks on their phone (39% download music directly to the device)
- 66% of iPhone users download software and applications
- 35% of iPhone users watch video on their phones (making them seven times as likely as the typical mobile subscriber to do so)
For additional Nielsen analysis and information on the iPhone universe, contact us.