Other findings include:
- Despite 3 in 10 households owning a DVR, live TV continues to be the favorite way to watch TV.
- 54 percent of U.S. households have one or two TVs.
- Hispanic households are more than twice as likely as other groups to download movies.
- Fully 91 percent of households have Internet access, with 57 percent having high-speed connections.
- Viewers can be clustered into eight discrete segments based on gender, age, media consumption levels, ethnicity and social outlook.
“Media has become a digital funhouse: phones deliver TV programming. Computers enable phone calls. Televisions serve as gaming arcades. Consumers access video wherever and whenever they can. But the fact remains that TV still dominates,” said Dave Thomas, President, Global Media Client Services at Nielsen.
Read a complete review of the state of the media in the current edition of Nielsen’s Consumer Insight.