North America / United States / MN / Minneapolis /
#: 743999738702465 / REF2902Q
The North American Commercial team leads and manages all of Nielsen's relationships with consumer-focused manufacturers and retailers. The team includes over 1,600 professionals in the United States and Canada and coordinates all relationships for several hundred clients headquartered in North America.
The North American Client Delivery team leverages a Go to Market approach to better enable our clients to maximize their return on investment in data, analytics, and Nielsen resources. The Analyst position focuses on core analytical support and report-based activities.
ABOUT THIS JOB
Perform essential tasks needed to support Nielsen’s client base, working with Client Business Partners and internal business units to drive client value. Develop necessary skills and critical business understanding as to the foundation for a successful career within Nielsen.
- Analysis & Reporting Analyst.
- Translate business requirements into technical report specifications.
- Pull and analyze scanner, spectra, consumer panel, and other Nielsen data sets and deliver insights to Nielsen client teams for assigned categories.
- Create reports and templates for Nielsen client teams to use while managing projects independently.
- Provide support to Nielsen client teams by responding to ad-hoc data requests, answering questions, training, and providing analysis.
- Work closely with your manager to assist in the analysis and preparation of client deliverables and answer client questions.
- Develop mastery of propriety Nielsen tools and metrics, which you will use to help solve your client’s most pressing business questions
- Simplify data into a compelling story that will be presented to clients and used by industry leaders to set strategy
- Be the voice of the consumer by keeping our clients at the forefront of industry trends
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You confidently manage data, and you care about the people behind every number. You constantly seek to learn new things and lean into new capabilities. Change excites you. Curiosity, communication, and critical thinking drive your work–whether you got your start in sales or consulting analytics, or consumer goods. Now you’re ready for what’s next.
Develop cross-functional management skills
Master Nielsen processes
Build internal stakeholder relationships
Support client teams, driving outcomes for clients
- 0-3 years’ experience
- Consumer Packaged Goods or Retail industry experience preferred
- Proficiency in at least one of the following tools: Power Bi, Tableau, Microsoft Strategy.
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and/or GSuite (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- Passion for learning and applying new technologies to business solutions.
- Proven problem-solving skills using deductive reasoning, understanding hierarchical relationships, and identifying gaps in logic.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and successfully manage projects independently
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience with syndicated data sets a plus
Bachelor's Degree required