North America / United States / IL / Chicago /
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 743999736277641 / REF2266V
Senior Associate, Federal & State Tax Reporting and Compliance
ABOUT THIS JOB
This individual will report to the Director of US and Global Consolidations. The individual will be responsible for the preparation of the US Federal & State quarterly and annual income tax provisions. The individual will be responsible for working with the 3rd party provider on the preparation of estimated tax payments and the annual federal and state income tax return preparation. The individual will be a key part of the compliance preparation, support of tax planning and reporting groups, and special projects.
- Assist the external co-sourcing team in the timely preparation, review, and filing of consolidated federal/state corporate, separate company state corporate, and partnership income tax returns
- Ensure that all required federal/state informational tax returns (e.g., W-8BEN) are timely filed
- Review federal and state estimated tax payments and extension payments and ensure that required payments and estimated payment vouchers/extension requests are timely filed
- Maintain information regarding tax attributes: federal/state NOLs; federal/state IRC section 163(j) interest carryforwards; federal/state tax credit carryforwards, etc.
- Develop audit-ready files to support current year returns; provide IRS and state audit assistance as needed
- Provide information for tax planning and tax audit support as needed
Tax accounting support :
- Prepare the US federal and state income tax provision calculations as needed
- Assist with regular reconciliations of domestic income tax accounts
- Assist with preparation of forecasted income tax and cash tax calculations
- Assist in the quantification and measurement of ASC 740-10 (“FIN 48”) reserves
- Special projects including process development, coordination with business units, Sarbanes Oxley process, and addressing various tax technical issues
Breakdown of tax specialty areas for the position:
- 60% federal compliance, including tax provision reporting
- 40% state compliance
Initial Position Deliverables
- Key team member responsible for successfully meeting all domestic income tax return deadlines.
- Key team member responsible for successfully meeting all tax provision reporting deadlines
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
With your ability to work in a fast-paced environment, you have the opportunity to improve our federal and state income tax processes. Your approach to tax processes and regulations and how Nielsen currently executes will provide the organization opportunities to streamline and improve various activities, ensuring the organization is compliant in a rapidly changing environment.
- Minimum 4 years corporate tax reporting background including significant consolidated return experience.
- Significant experience with federal and state income tax required
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or other financial discipline and CPA certification required; advanced degree is a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of ASC 740 and FIN48.
- Experience with partnership taxation is desired.
- Proven ability to manage people and projects.
- Track record of being a team player with effective communication skills; detail-oriented with strong organizational skills for multi-tasking.
- CORPTax, InSource, Hyperion, SAP or similar experience preferred.