North America / United States / IL / Chicago /
Technology & Engineering
#: 743999735136539 / 50237788
TECH LEAD, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, CHICAGO
YOU’LL BUILD TECH THAT EMPOWERS GLOBAL BUSINESSES
We use cutting edge technology and industry-leading data science to tackle some of the hardest problems in marketing science. We’re automating our models with artificial intelligence and machine learning to produce the same quality insights as a traditional white-glove consulting engagement at unparalleled speed and scale.
As a Tech Lead, you’ll be responsible for empowering a team of smart, highly skilled technologists who are passionate about learning and prototyping cutting-edge technologies. Right now our platform is based in Python, Dockers, Scala Flask, BigData, Kubernetes, Spark, Airflow, MLflow, and TensorFlow. We value CI/CD in everything that we develop. Our team is co-located and agile, with central technology hubs in Chicago, Madrid, and Chennai.
Intelligence Studio is a horizontally scalable, cross-cloud technology-agnostic platform built with trusted open source components. This self-service, data science platform solution connects in with partners in a shared ecosystem, scales by usage, and has the building blocks to help our data scientists and clients move from creation to deployment of a data science project, at scale.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage a small team of full-stack and/or back-end Python developers
- Lead your team in the architecture, design, and development of highly available, low latency, cloud-native applications
- Conduct code reviews, troubleshoot, and ensure your team’s adherence to the highest level of quality in writing complex, maintainable code to develop scalable, flexible, and user-friendly applications
- Manage cross-functional team members and stakeholders throughout projects of varying scope and complexity
WE’RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE:
- Great foundational leadership skills, including experience managing a small team of technologists
- Strong fundamentals in back-end or full-stack engineering, with proficiency in Python
- Building software and integrations in a cloud-based Microservices environment for Big Data applications
- Ability to conduct code reviews, troubleshoot code and direct architecture & design decisions
- Exceptional project management skills, with experience managing projects of varying scope and scale, preferably in an agile environment
- Excellent English communication skills, with the ability to effectively interface across cross-functional technology teams and the business
- Minimum B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field