Nielsen Annual Marketing Report: Era of Adaptation
No one was prepared for what the world has experienced over the past year. For businesses, the need for agility was clear, but uncertainty and disruption left most ill-equipped to know how and where to make adjustments.
To be successful as a marketer, the ability to change and adapt is imperative—we’re living in an era of adaptation. As marketing and advertising begin to rebound, brands need to be smart about their strategies and tactics if they want to reach a world of audiences whose habits and preferences have shifted.
COVID-19 has tested us all, but now we are shifting from “what has been” to “what will be.” I hope you will find this report useful in providing insights on our industry and the implications of COVID. We are here to help as we let the reset begin.
JAMIE MOLDAFSKY, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer at Nielsen
In this report, Nielsen discusses smart marketing and advertising strategies for brands of all sizes to meet the escalating pressure to drive return on investment. Learn more about:
- Why there’s never a good time to stop marketing
- How to reallocate marketing mix funds quickly amidst times of change
- Ways to modify your omnichannel strategy for the future
- What obstacles are hindering CTV advertising adoption
- How marketing technology can provide a smarter path to ROI
- Why advertisers need more than first-party data